Staining my floor

Applying stain to the livingroom floor...and for all you 'haters' in comment-land, this is NOT a how-to video, so get over yourselves. And FYI, my method worked just fine, with no lap marks at all. The ambient temperature was about 15C, so the stain didn't flash off before I went back and wiped it, so blending between passes was no problem. And given that I didn't have a helper, this was the best technique for me (believe me- this wasn't the first room in the house I did!). The key was simply keeping the rhythm up and not waiting too long between passes. I did 230 sq. metres of pine flooring this way, and it all looks fine- but more importantly, I didn't pay a professional $75 an hour to do it! The crappy quality is due to being shot with the isight on my MBP, and edited in imovie. Usually I use pro gear for my videos, but this was just so my family (who was away while I renovated) could see what I was doing.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYTYWd43K8s&hl=en

Machinery

Danos tu comentario